Tomorrow I will enter the voting booth and press the screen and cast my vote for Robert Hurt.
As many of you know I was a McPadden supporter. I still am. Mike had the following to say in response to an advertisement Tom Perriello was running:
Tom Perriello’s most recent negative campaign ad is another shameful attempt by the Perriello Campaign to avoid talking about his record in Congress. It is sad that Mister Perriello’s record as our Congressman is so poor that he has to stoop to these levels in his desperate attempt to hold on to the fifth district seat. To portray Robert Hurt as anything but a staunch Conservative is ridiculous and disingenuous. I am fully confident that the people of the fifth district who believe that they are better able to run their own lives, not government, who believe that lower taxes and less government regulation will spur job growth, and who understand that it is the private sector economy that creates jobs and not government, will go to the polls next Tuesday and vote for Robert Hurt. I would also like to remind our Congressman that if his political mentors had been men like John Kennedy and Ronald Reagan instead of Hugo Chavez and Nancy Pelosi he might not now be in the position of having to spread lies and half truths about his opponent in this race. ~ Mike McPadden
I’m now left with the choice of throwing my vote on a guaranteed lost cause and flawed candidate in Jeff Clark, or a Vote for Hurt and the joy I’ll get from throwing Tom Perriello out on his elitist rear end. I should note that I do not in any way feel I am voting for the lesser of 2 evils.
People thought I was crazy when during the primary I wrote a piece stating that “Robert Hurt was a Conservative” because I took the time examine his voting record and to speak with him about his votes. I won’t go into detail here, if you want please read the article for yourself.
The election on Tuesday, November 2nd is about a statement for me, and many in the Tea Party. A rejection of socialist policies of Obama and Pelosi.
Tom Perriello has NOT represented his constituents and has not been the Guardian of the U.S. Constitution that I believe our representatives should be. I believe Robert Hurt will. Robert understands the past mistakes he has made. 2 votes I disagree with in 10 years is a pretty good track record. Beyond that, on the issues of Life, Family, Guns Robert Hurt will stand up for us.
Make no mistake. Robert Hurt is an “establishment” candidate. But who is the problem? Hurt or the Establishment? We in the 5th have done a great job of routing out the fiefdom goons and are well on our way to doing in throughout Virginia. We are becoming that establishment.
Ask yourself this if you are still on the fence or if you have taken a trip to crazy town and are planning to vote for Clark.
Would Robert Hurt have voted for:
- Cap and Trade?
- Card Check?
Not only NO but HELL NO!
Look at what Jim McKelvey put out in a recent Press Release and tell me that these things do not resonate with you:
1. Protecting Taxpayers – Robert has signed the Tax Payers Protection Pledge, which is a pledge to the voters of the fifth district, that once elected Robert will veto or vote against any attempt to increase taxes.
2. Balancing the Budget – Robert has promised to Co Sponsor H.JRes.1, The Balanced Budget Amendment, which proposes a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution of the United States.
3. Protecting the Unborn – Robert has promised to Co Sponsor H.R.2533, the Sanctity of Life Act, which provides that human life shall be deemed to exist from conception, and for other purposes. Robert has also promised to oppose funding for organizations such as Planned Parenthood and those that conduct embryonic stem cell research. Robert has also promised to Co Sponsor H.R.881, the Right to Life Act, which will implement equal protection under the 14th Amendment to the Constitution for the right to life of each born and pre-born human person.
4. Auditing The Federal Reserve – Robert has promised to Co Sponsor H.R.1207, the Federal Reserve Transparency Act, which is a bill to audit the Federal Reserve and amend title 31, United States Code, to reform the manner in which the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System is audited by the Comptroller General of the United States and the manner in which such audits are reported, and for other purposes.
5. Support of Marriage – Robert has promised to Co Sponsor H.J.Res.37, the Federal Marriage Amendment, which proposes an amendment to the Constitution of the Unites States relating to marriage. Robert has also promised to oppose any legislation which gives taxpayer funded benefits to domestic partnerships.
6. Protect the 2nd Amendment – Robert has promised to uphold the 2nd Amendment and oppose any legislation that imposes restrictions on the right to bear arms by law abiding citizens. Robert has also promised to work to eliminate existing restrictions that infringe upon this right.
7. De-funding ACORN – Robert has promised to vote against any legislation which provides funding to ACORN or its successor groups.
8. De-funding Extra-Constitutional Agencies – Robert has promised to work to cut or eliminate funding to government agencies which have no constitutional basis for existence.
9. Fight Earmarks – Robert has promised to vote against any bill with earmarks in it and will not request earmarks.
10. Securing Our Nations Border – Robert has promised to make every effort to seal our borders against any non-citizen whether it is terrorist, illegal immigrant, student or visitor overstaying their visa, or other method of illegal entry. Robert has also promised that he will oppose amnesty for those here illegally. Robert believes as I do that nothing could be more unfair than to reward lawbreakers and punish those who played by the rules.
11. Stopping the Fairness Doctrine – Robert has promised to oppose any effort to re-impose the Fairness Doctrine or any other similar means of stifling speech.
12. Supporting the 10th Amendment – Robert has promised to make every effort to use the Tenth Amendment as originally intended to limit the size and scope of the federal government.
Join me tomorrow as we throw out the failed policies of Obama and Pelosi. VOTE ROBERT HURT FOR U.S. CONGRESS!
Kurt Feigel is a husband and father in Lynchburg Virginia.
He is a Website Designer and Tea Party activist currently serving as the Lynchburg Tea Party Vice Chair in charge of Communications.